Just a few years ago, a music festival was beyond the realm of imagination in Saudi Arabia, let alone one of MDLBeast’s caliber. After a successful first edition in 2019, the festival is back for a second iteration. Entitled SOUNDSTORM, this year’s event is set to be even bigger, with a lineup of more than 150 performances.
So far, SOUNDSTORM has confirmed the return of Steve Aoki to the stage, alongside other international artists including Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, Deadmau5, DJ Snake, and Tiësto. Of course, homegrown regional artists will make their way into the spotlight too. Saudi’s first female DJ Cosmicat will make a return, as well as artists Anmarz, Spaceboi and Zone+. According to organizers, more acts will be announced in upcoming weeks.
“We’re happy with the first announcement of the SOUNDSTORM ‘21 line up,” said Talal Albaithi, COO and Head of Talent Book at MDLBeast. “We will soon announce a second phase which includes a wide variety of musical genres that will take attendees on a journey they won’t forget. We are ready to welcome all music enthusiasts to become part of this immersive 4-day experience.”
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
As of now, concertgoers are able to purchase tickets for the four-day festival, which is set to take place in Riyadh between December 16-19. With an expected crowd of 500,000 concert goers, organizers are ensuring attendees their effort to take on strict health measures against the spread of COVID, of course.
“Our vision is to deliver a unique and positive experience for hundreds of thousands of people as they enjoy some of the world’s biggest stars performing in front of a passionate Saudi audience. We are undertaking comprehensive measures around COVID to ensure our guests have the best and safest possible experience, all in partnership with local entertainment and health regulators,” said Ramadan Alharatani, MDLBeast’s CEO.